Sunday, July 12, 2009

If It's Sunday, This Must Be Rodeo

We are home after a long day of travel. For our bodies it is about 12:30 tomorrow morning but we are going to try to stay up for as long as we can so we can adjust to this time zone. We flew on South African Air from Cape Town to London. South Africa is a very nice way to fly. We were on United from London to San Francisco and it was nice, but not as nice as South African Air.

It is kind of surreal to think that over the past day and a half we have flown from Africa to San Francisco. We have a lot to reflect about and both agree that volunteering in South Africa is one of the highlights of our lives. We learned so much and met so many wonderful people.

This is just to let you know we are home. Right now my brain is a bit fuzzy and my body is feeling sleep deprived. I did find out that it is a real challenge to fill in customs forms and list the goods and US dollars after dividing the Rand total by 8 especially if one has been flying for around 22 hours. We breezed through Customs at SFO so I guess my sleep deprived brain got the figures close enough for government work. More when my brain has caught up with my body.

Art

1 comment:

  1. Welcome home! We are all so very proud of your handprint of love that you've left in South Africa. Rest your weary bones, I can't imagine how tired you must feel! Love to you both! Carrie

    ReplyDelete