Saturday, June 27, 2009

Molweni Bantu

T hat is for all of you. Greetings in Xhosa.....we are now experiencing the other side of CT....away from townships. Yes, there is beauty in CT....when the sun comes out, and finally we are promised three days of sunshine. This cape is windy of course because we are towards the end of the penninsula. TOmorrow we will do something fun for sure, since we had o cancel the safari due to clumsiness on my part...a bad fall in a restaurat in the bathrromm. So ladies came in and there I was crawling to the wall toget up...they thought I was drunk, but now chance here. The hotel sent a doc to the room, complete with drugs for me..so everything is ok now, an the doc told me to get a "proper walking stick" so I have an ebony stick, complete with an elephant on the top. With rest fo today, tomorrow I should be good to go....the meds are taking care of the pain. So Last night weate at "Mama Africas"...We tried aligator meat///uck....and ostrich meat.....more yuck.....liked the deer and kudu but who can like eating Bambi. But we have tried many African dishes now. I love the flat bread and the fatcake(fried balls of bread). The fruits and veggies are fresh and good and they cook alot of this at our place.

Many of you love our blog so far....thank you for your mails about this. In the Malls you would think you were in SF...and the music the young people like are the same... I asked a young lady at the center...15 years who she likes and it was Beonce and Myria.....I want to hear more real african music... I think they are taking us to this next Thursday.......

This wharf feels like SF.....the many colors of people are interesting...people in long outfits, people scarved on their heads, languages from all over...all of this makes it facinatig.
Goood to be down by the sea...the sea is always good to breathe and clear. Until I blog again...Love, Dianne

1 comment:

  1. Glad you are ok after your fall. Maybe you had the same "water" you had at my wedding? Happy Anniversary and enjoy the beach!

    ReplyDelete