Thursday, June 25, 2009

The Sun has come out..

This is big here...the sun is out and it has not rained all day. For me who has been freezing since I got here, this gives me great hope. Who said that African never got cold...they lied.. It is even snowing in the high mountains.

Last night, five of us took off for the biggest Mall I have ever seen and a great restaurant for \make your own pizza. After a good glass of "Fat Bastard" Chardonay and a delicious pizza overlooking a canal like venice, I felt refreshed and good to go again. The contrast between this Mall and the Townships is drastic for sure. All high end clothes sold there and very good restaurants. But one needs a mental break now and then and that is what we got.

One of the great things about our house is the way folks gather after dinner to play games or like last night popcorn and sharing photos of family. Art very proudly showed photos of "his kids" for all to see. One girl showed us the video of her bungee jumping here in SA. Don't worry...art will not be bungee jumping here..he promised , although I can tell he would really like to show the younger folk how "super stud" he is.

I am hoping this weekend that the animals will show their faces when I go on a safari..if I must get up at 4am they better be there. Sunday we hope to go to the Botanical Gardens and chill away from this house a bit.

Today I got to help lead a women's group with my partner, Juanita. I began with yoga and relaxation and stress relief they can do daily and Juanita followed with Affirmation therapy. we were the bomb..and we had the women smiling and laughing after. we get to have women's group two days a week and children's group on anger management issues two days. and then one day combine women aND THeir children to teach the mom's how to work with their chidlren.. They have not learned how to nurture because so much time was spent on warding off the abuser. I continue to work in the kitchen, a fav of mine since we sing and serve food and laugh a lot. Bye for now Dianne

No comments:

Post a Comment