Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Placement in South Africa

My placement will be with Etafani at the Fit 4 Life project. Schools will not be open while we are in Cape Town, but I may be teaching English and life skills to unemployed youth. According to Cross Cultural Solutions, Etafani is a "small grassroots community based organization in Nyanga, a township outside Cape Town". It includes a preschool, vegetable garden, a nutrition program, community worker program that operates and supports surrounding health care clinics, on site HIV testing and counseling. According to the description, it appears that Etafani places special emphasis on care of mothers and children with HIV/AIDS. I will find out more about exactly what I will be doing while I am there. Right now I am just open to whatever the Lord has in mind for me and hope that you will join me in prayer and/or good thoughts so that I may do the best I can while I work at Etafani. Art

No comments:

Post a Comment